Creating a File System Replication
You create a replication from the Web Console.
Before You Begin
Ensure that the source and destination paths on the filers are accessible from the CommServe to the user performing the replication.
- Open a web browser and log in to the Web Console. See Accessing the Web Console.
- Click Storage Replication.
A list of replication jobs in progress is displayed.
- Add a new replication:
- Click Add New Storage Replication Details.
- In the Replication Name box, type a name for the replication.
- Optional: In the Description box, enter a description for the replication.
- In the Path box, type the source and destination filer location.
- In the Username and Password boxes, type the user name and password for the source filer and the destination filer.
- In the MediaAgent box, select the source and destination MediaAgents.
- In the Storage Policy list, select the storage policy associated to the source MediaAgent.
Only the storage policies with secondary copy that have DASH copy enabled with Disk Optimized Copy option are displayed.
- Optional: To use an existing primary copy associated with the storage policy for restores, select the Use Primary Copy check box.
When you a select the primary copy associated with the source storage policy, the data is restored to the destination filer from the source MediaAgent directly; therefore, no auxiliary copy job is run.
- In the Copy Name list, select the storage policy copy associated to the destination MediaAgent.
- In the Schedule Daily At list, select the appropriate time schedule.
- Optional: To enforce restoring data from the destination MediaAgent to the destination filer even when there is no new data found on the source MediaAgent, select the Force Sync check box.
When you select the Force Sync option, a full backup job runs on the source MediaAgent. During restores, if the files on the destination filer have a newer time stamp than the files on the source filer, then those files are not replaced; all other files are replaced.
- To run the file system replication job, click Apply and Run.
To track the replication progress, click the appropriate replication name in the Storage Replication page.
Last modified: 1/15/2018 6:21:57 AM