Discovering DB2 Databases Using the Commvault Command Line Interface
Use XML to discover DB2 databases for DB2 instances that you configured from the CommCell Console. Run the operation from the command line, or automate configuration by combining command line operations in a script.
- If you are not logged on to the DB2 client computer, run the qlogin command.
- Download the DiscoverInstance_Template.xml file to the computer where you will run the command.
- On the command line, go to Software_Installation_Directory/Base, and then and type the following command:
qoperation execute -af DiscoverInstance_Template.xml -clientName '<client_name>' -instanceName '<instance_name>'
- You can define the XML parameters in the xml file, instead of on the command line. For information on command line parameters and XML elements, see Command Line - Syntax.
- To log off the CommServe computer, run the qlogout command.
The software discovers the databases, and then creates a backup set for each database on the CommCell Console that it discovers.
The following command discovers the databases for the test_instance that is on client1. In this example, the parameters are listed on the command line.
qoperation execute -af DiscoverInstance_Template.xml -clientName 'client1' -instanceName 'test_instance'
Last modified: 4/10/2018 1:33:09 PM