Creating DB2 MultiNode Offline Subclients
When you perform a backup for an offline subclient, the database is shut down.
Configure the DB2 subclient to perform a full backup of the DB2 MultiNode database when it is offline. Full backups include all data files and tablespaces for the database. Offline backups do not include the archived log files.
You can perform offline backups when the database is either offline or online.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > DB2 MultiNode > instance.
- Right-click the backup_set, point to All Tasks, and then click New Subclient.
The Create New Subclient dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, in the Subclient name box, type a name for the subclient.
- On the Content tab, select the following options:
- Select the Data check box.
- Select the Offline Database option.
- On the Storage Device tab, from the Data Storage Policy list, select the storage policy that you want to use.
- On the IntelliSnap Operations tab, do the following:
- Select the IntelliSnap check box.
- From the Available Snap Engines list, select the snapshot engine that you want to use.
- To use the DB2 ACS interface, select the Use DB2 ACS Interface check box.
- Optional: Select the subclient options.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 7/24/2018 6:39:10 PM