Creating DB2 MultiNode Subclients for Log Files
Create a transaction log file subclient.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > DB2 MultiNode > instance.
- Right-click the backup_set, point to All Tasks, and then click New Subclient.
The Create New Subclient dialog box appears.
- In the General tab, in the Subclient name box, enter a name for the subclient.
- On the Content tab, clear the Data check box.
- On the Storage Device tab, from the Log Storage Policy list, select the storage policy that you want to use.
- On the Advanced Options tab, select the backup log options.
Backup Log Files check box
Include the Commvault logs in the backup.
Optional: To exclude the DB2 logs from the backup image on a DB2 version that is 9.5 or later, on the Content tab, select the Exclude Logs from Backup Image check box.
Do not configure the LOGARCHMETH1 parameter to a disk when you select this option.
Delete Log Files After check box
Delete the logs after the backup.
This deletes the logs from the archive log path.
Disable Switch Current Log check box
Disable the log switch.
When the switch is on, the current redo log file is closed (even if it is not filled up completely) and the next redo log file is used for writing using a log switch. The closed redo log file is then archived during the log phase.
- Optional: Select the subclient options.
- Click OK to close the Create New Subclient dialog box.
Last modified: 9/6/2018 2:30:18 PM