Deleting Informix Subclients Using the Commvault Command Line Interface
Use XML to delete Informix subclients. Run the operation from the command line, or automate configuration by combining command line operations in a script.
You can include the XML parameters in the xml file, or you can specify them on the command line when they frequently change. For more information on command line parameters and XML elements, see Command Line - Syntax.
Caution: If you do not include the
subclientName parameter when you delete subclients, all user-created Informix subclients are deleted for the Informix instance.
- On the Informix Agent host, run the qlogin command to log on to the CommServe computer.
- Download the delete_subclient_template.xml file to the computer where you will run the command.
- Open the delete_subclient_template.xml file, add your specific parameters, and save the file.
For information on supported subclient XML parameters, see Available XML Parameters for Informix Subclient Configuration.
- On the command line, go to Software_Installation_Directory/Base and type the command.
qoperation execute -af <xml_path>\delete_subclient_template.xml -appName 'Informix Database' -clientName '<client_name>' -instanceName '<database_name>' -subclientName '<subclient_name>'
- Once the job completes, run the qlogout command to log off the CommServe computer.
Last modified: 3/1/2018 7:59:14 PM