IBM i Full System Recovery: IBM i File System Agent Taped Based Overview
Preparing for a Full System Recovery
- Perform regular backups of the file system data. Schedule the backups to run at convenient intervals.
- Perform a minimum backup of the operating system and the system data to tape by performing one of the following procedures:
Recovering the IBM i File System Agent Data
To recover IBM i File System Agent data in the event of a disaster, perform the following tasks:
- Rebuild the IBM i File System Agent operating system from the tape that has the minimum backup data by performing one of the following procedures:
- Recover the system data and Commvault libraries along with the TCP/IP configuration from the tape that has the minimum backup data. See Recovering System Data and Commvault Libraries from a DR Backup.
- Recover the IBM i File System Agent data to the same or a different client computer. For more information, see Restoring IBM i File System Agent Data.
Last modified: 7/2/2018 2:51:46 PM