Backing Up an Exchange Database
Applies to: Exchange 2007 or later, and IntelliSnap
This procedure describes the general steps for creating a backup operation.
Before You Begin
- Decide which type of backup is appropriate. Typically, you configure either incremental or differential backup types as the preselected backup type when you configure the agent. However, you can change the preselected backup type.
- Disable circular logging for the Exchange databases that you want to backup. Databases that have circular logging enabled are not backed up by default.
- Make sure that the Storage Group or the Database name does not contain the plus (+) character.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client.
- Choose whether to back up one subclient or all subclients.
- To back up all subclients, right-click Exchange Database, and then click All Tasks > Backup All Subclients.
- To back up a specific subclient, right-click the subclient, and then click Backup.
The Backup Options dialog box appears.
- In the Select Backup Type area, choose your backup type.
- To perform a full backup, select Full.
- To perform either an incremental or differential backup, select Pre-Selected Backup Type.
- In the Job Initiation area, define whether the backup job runs immediately or if it will be scheduled.
- Optional: To set advanced backup options, click Advanced.
- Optional: To run your backup options from a command line interface, click Save As Script.
- Click OK.
If you chose to run the job immediately, the backup starts now.
If you chose to run the job according to a schedule, the backup runs according to the schedule that you defined.
Last modified: 4/12/2019 4:24:58 PM