Configuring SharePoint Agent for Office 365
On the computer where you want to install the SharePoint Server Agent, do the following:
- Verify that the computer does not have any SharePoint applications installed.
- Install the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 and 4.5, and PowerShell 3.0.
- Verify that the Azure storage account has "Resource Manager" as its deployment manager, and "General Purpose V1 or V2" as its account kind. You need this information to perform Office 365 restore operation later.
- SharePoint Online Migration API that is used during a restore operation requires Azure storage. During a restore operation, the Azure storage account is used as a staging location.
- You must have a tenant admin URL, like https://<office_365_tenant_prefix>-admin.sharepoint.com. Also, verify that the login credentials for the SharePoint online administrator user account that can connect to the tenant URL must have either SharePoint Administrator role or Global Administrator role assigned to it.
Review each of the following topics to get started with the installation:
- Prepare the Installation on Windows Computers
Review general guidelines to prepare for the installation, which include configurations that your computer might need before the installation.
- Preinstallation Checklist for the SharePoint Server Agent
Review agent specific guidelines to prepare for the installation, such as gathering the information that you must provide during the installation.
- Installation Methods
Select the installation method that is most appropriate for your environment.
What to Do Next
Last modified: 9/24/2019 6:35:10 AM