Configuring Subclients for Control File or SP File Backups for Oracle
The Oracle control file contains the physical database structure and is required for a full system recovery (disaster recovery) scenario.
The Oracle server parameter (SP) file contains the database startup parameters and are not included in backups by default.
There are two options you can configure to automatically back up control files:
- Back up the control file for all subclients in an Oracle instance. For information on enabling the control file automatic backup at the instance level, see Enabling Automatic Backup of Control Files for All Oracle Subclients.
- Back up the control files for subclients when the Backup Control File option (Content tab) is selected as part of the subclient content. For information on enabling the control file automatic backup at the subclient, see Enabling Automatic Backups of the Oracle Control File at the Subclient Level. This procedure overrides the instance level setting.
Before You Begin
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > Oracle >instance.
- Right-click the instance, point to All Tasks and then click New Subclient.
The Create New Subclient dialog box appears.
- On the Content tab:
- Select the Backup Control File check box to include the control file in the backup.
- Select the Backup SP File check box to include the SP file in the backup.
- Optional: Select the subclient options.
- Click OK to close the Create New Subclient dialog box.
What to Do Next
Last modified: 3/23/2018 7:00:55 PM