Creating a Subclient for Oracle RAC Offline Backups
During an offline backup, the database is shutdown and is not available for use. The full backup includes all the datafiles, tablespaces, and control file of the Oracle database. Note that, offline backups do not include the archived log files.
Offline backups can be performed when the database is in offline or online mode. If the database is online, it shuts down the database, performs the backup and then brings up the database back.
In order to backup the Oracle database when it is offline, you need to create a separate user-defined subclient for offline backup. Make sure that the database is in the MOUNT mode during the backup.
Before You Begin
Optional: You can have data and log backups use different compression. If you want to use the MediaAgent for compression for log backups, see Enabling MediaAgent Compression for Oracle or Oracle RAC Log Backups.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > Oracle RAC.
- Right-click the instance, point to All Tasks and then click New Subclient.
The Create New Subclient dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, in the Subclient Name box, enter a name for the subclient.
- On the Content tab, specify whether the backup is a full backup:
- Select the Data check box.
- Select the Offline Database option.
- If this subclient is for full backups, select the Backup Control File and Backup SP File check boxes.
- On the Storage Device tab from the Data Storage Policy list, select the storage policy that the software uses for data backups.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 10/29/2018 1:16:33 PM