Disabling the Oracle RAC Log Switch
When you perform archive log backups, the current redo log file is closed (even if it is not filled up completely) and the next redo log file is used for writing using a log switch. The closed redo log file is then archived during the log phase. Use the following steps to disable the log switch:
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers | <RAC Client> | <Instance>.
- Right-click the <Subclient>, and then click Properties.
- On the Content tab, clear the Data check box.
- On the Logs Backup tab.
- Select the Backup Archive Log check box.
- Select the Disable Log Switching check box.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 10/29/2018 1:20:05 PM