Once you install PostgreSQL iDataAgent, you need to create an instance in order to perform your first backup. This automatically creates the following default backup sets, each with a default subclient:
Before You Begin
If you have not done so already, configure a storage policy.
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers | <Client>.
- Right-click PostgreSQL, point to All Tasks, and then click New PostgreSQL Instance.
The PostgreSQL Create Instance Dialog dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, perform the following.
- In the Instance Name box, type the name of the instance.
- In the PostGres User Name box, type the user name to access the Postgres application.
- In the PostGres Account Password box, type the Postgres User Account Password.
- In the PostGres Confirm Password box, type the Postgres password to confirm the password.
- In the Maintenance DB box, type the name of a system database which is used as Maintenance DB.
- In the Binary Directory box, type the path to the Postgres application. Alternatively, click Browse to locate the path.
- In the Lib Directory box, type the path to the library directory for the instance. For example, /opt/PostgreSQL/9.2/lib.
- In the Archive Log Directory box:
- On a UNIX client, type the path to the directory where you want to store the archive log files. For example, /opt/wal. Make sure that this path does not point to pg_log or log directories and pg_xlog or pg_wal directories.
- On a Windows client, type the path to the directory where you want to store the archive log files.
If Archive Log Directory is configured as a UNC path, set the value for bAllowUNCForPostgres to true. If you type a UNC path, click Change to provide UNC user account credentials.
For instructions on adding the additional setting from the CommCell Console, see Adding or Modifying Additional Settings from the CommCell Console.
- Prior to performing the PostgreSQL backup, specify the Archive Log directory path in the postgresql.conf file.
- From PostgreSQL 8.3 version onwards, use the following command to turn on the archive_mode. This feature is not supported for PostgreSQL 8.2 and earlier versions.
archive_mode = on
For more information, see Configuring the Archive Log Directory.
- In the Port box, type or select the port to open the communication between PostgreSQL Server and the clients.
- In the Log Backup Storage Policy box, select a storage policy to be used for the transaction log backup jobs under Log Backup section.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 10/4/2019 7:28:37 AM