Configuring Streams for Backups
During a backup operation, the Commvault software sends the backup data in 1 stream by default.
You can increase the number of streams for backing up a subclient. For example, if you increase the number of streams from two to three, then the backup time reduces from half to one-third.
Note: The software uses the same number of streams for the restore job as it did for the backup job.
If you perform a restore operation from a secondary copy that has the combined stream option enabled, the restored data is temporarily staged in the Job Results folder before it is restored to the Sybase database. You can change the location of the staging folder by changing the value of additional setting sStageFolderAuxCopyRestore.
- In the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > Sybase > instance.
- Right-click the subclient and then click Properties.
The Subclient Properties dialog box is displayed.
- On the Storage Device tab:
- Click the Data Storage Policy tab.
- In the Number of Data Backup Streams box, type the number of streams to use when you perform a backup.
Note: The number of streams cannot be greater than the number that is configured for the subclient storage policy. (Storage Policy Properties dialog box, General tab, Device Streams box).
- Click OK.
Last modified: 5/28/2018 12:29:10 PM