Dell EMC VNX / Celerra Archiving
The Commvault file archiving solution for Dell EMC VNX / Celerra enables you to move data to a secondary storage and use it to function as an archive copy.
- Server Message Block (SMB) 1.0 protocol
- SMB 2.0 protocol
- SMB 3.0 protocol
What is Archived
The subclient filter does not filter the MediaAgent disk library mount paths from the subclient content. Therefore, you must specify the volumes that contain disk library mount paths for subclient filter. Otherwise, the entire disk library will be archived.
What is Not Archived
The following file types/objects are automatically filtered out of archive operations by the system, and cannot be archived.
- Install folder
- Job Results folder
- Index cache folder
- Log files folder
- Windows system32 folder
- Alias mount points to drive letter volumes*
- Unix data residing on a Windows NFS share
- Files with attributes of encrypted or sparse
- Files with attributes of hidden and system
Last modified: 5/14/2019 10:42:08 AM