Configuring A Subclient to Archive Data - OnePass for Network Shares
Subclients contain information about what data is backed up. You can create a user-defined subclient to archive specific files.
- From the CommCell Browser, right-click Client Computers and click Add New Client.
The Add New Client dialog box appears.
- From the File System ribbon, click the NAS/Network Share icon.
The Add NAS/Network Share Client dialog box appears.
- Select the Network Share check box and select the Windows check box.
- In the Client Name box, type a name for the new non NDMP network share client and in the Host Name box, type the host name for the non NDMP Network Share client.
- Click OK.
- Right click the Client > File System > defaultBackupSet.
- Right-click the <defaultBackupSet>, point to All Tasks, and then click New Subclient.
The Subclient Properties dialog box appears.
- In the Subclient Name box, enter a name for the subclient.
- On the Data Access Nodes tab, under Available Data Access Nodes, select the data access nodes that will participate in the backup operation, and then click Add.
- You can set data access nodes at the agent level or at the subclient level. The nodes set at the subclient level take precedence in such cases.
- For a newly configured client or an upgraded client that uses indexing version 2, you must select a version 11 proxy computer. Commvault version 10 proxy computers are not supported.
- You can select a client or a client group (containing Windows clients) from the available nodes list.
- Ensure that you select the Allow multiple readers within a drive or mount point check box on the Performance tab and increase the number of data readers as needed based on the number of data access nodes added.
- Ensure that you select the Reconcile Backup check box on the Advanced Options tab.
- All of the participating backup nodes must be at the same service pack level.
- Click the Content tab, and click Add Paths.
You can use the same content across different subclients within the same backup set. The default subclient, skips the content specified in the other subclients within the same backup set.
- In the Add Multiple Contents dialog box, enter the UNC path of the content that is to be archived.
- Click OK, and then the Impersonate NT User dialog box appears.
- In the User Account box, enter the User Name.
- In the Enter Password box, enter the Password.
- In the Confirm Password box, retype the Password and click OK.
Verify that the Impersonate User Credentials you specify is
- added to the Administrator Group on the File Server and,
- the user must have full permissions on all the files and directories that reside on the File Server.
- Click Advanced.
- In the Advanced Subclient Properties dialog box, click the Retention tab and select the Extend storage policy retention check box.
- In the Retention Mode list, click Job Based Retention.
A confirmation box appears.
- Type Confirm in the confirmation box and click OK. For more information, see Job-Based Retention.
- On the Disk Cleanup tab, select the Enable archiving with these rules check box and configure archiving rules. For more information, see Configuring Rules for Archiving.
- On the Content tab, select the Backup files that qualify for archiving check box.
Only the files and folders that meet the archiving rules are backed up.
- On the Storage Device tab, in the Storage Policy list, click a storage policy to associate with the subclient.
Tip: To create a new storage policy, click Create Storage Policy, and then follow the instructions in the storage policy creation wizard.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 9/26/2018 7:12:34 PM