Web Server: System Requirements
The following requirements are for the Web Server.
Use the latest version of the operating system software listed in the Operating System table. Commvault software fully supports the latest version of an operating system until the vendor ends support. Newer versions of Commvault software might not install on operating systems for which vendor support has ended. For information about the Microsoft support lifecycle, go to the Microsoft Support website, Microsoft Support Lifecycle. For support lifecycle information for other operating systems, contact the appropriate software vendor.
Windows Server 2019
Microsoft Windows Server 2019 Editions
Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Editions
*Nano Servers are not supported. See Considerations for Microsoft Windows Server 2016 for more information.
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Editions
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Editions*
*Core Editions are not supported.
All Windows-compatible processors are supported.
- If you use an Exchange agent, install Microsoft Outlook x64 Editions to support Exchange email recovery.
- If you use the Domino Mailbox Archiver, install Notes Client Release 8 or higher to support Domino email recovery.
Restore Cache Directory
Minimum of 500GB is required for the restore cache directory. The exact requirements may vary depending on the number of users accessing the Web Console to download files or perform Export and Legal Hold operations.
The hardware requirements for Web Server installed on either physical or virtual machines is explained in Hardware Specifications for Web Server.
- The software installation requires 30 GB of disk space for Microsoft SQL Server application and database and 20 GB of temp space on the drive where the temp directory resides.
- The job results directory for the File System agent that is installed on the Web Server should have enough space to cache the search restores from users. This depends on the number of files that may be restored, disk quota, and the retention period configured by the administrator.
- In time, you may need to provide additional space (several GB) to allow for growth in the Web Server database. The size of the metadata depends on the search operation performed and quantity of data stored.
Cluster - Support
The software can be installed on a Cluster if clustering is supported by the above-mentioned operating systems.
For information on supported cluster types, see Clustering - Support.
Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Express edition is automatically installed during the installation of the Web Server software. If you have Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Enterprise Edition or the Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Standard Edition already installed in your environment, the Web Server will use the existing SQL Server.
For more information, see Database Engine under System Requirements - CommServe.
The File System Agent is installed automatically during the installation of this software component (if it is not installed already). To review the system requirements of the File System Agent, see System Requirements - Microsoft Windows File System Agent.
Note: For successful web restore of NAS data and Domino emails, install a 32-bit File System proxy instance on a 64-bit machine.
Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) must be installed on the system drive of the Web Server. Do not install IIS on a non-system drive.
The following IIS versions are supported:
- Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager version 10.0 (on Windows 2016 only)
- Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager version 8.0 or 8.5 (on Windows 2012 only)
- Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager version 7.5
- Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager version 7.0 (on Windows 2008 only)
- All components of Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager version 7.0 should be installed on Windows 2008
Outlook Add-In and ContentStore Email Viewer
The following requirements must be met to use Web Server with the Outlook Add-In and Outlook Add-In with ContentStore Email Viewer:
- Use a dedicated Web Server when you deploy Outlook Add-In with ContentStore Email Viewer on more than 400 mailboxes.
- Microsoft Outlook with the latest service pack. Also, to take advantage of Web Server capabilities from the Outlook Add-In, make sure that the latest service pack for Microsoft Outlook is installed on the client where Outlook Add-In is installed.
- Microsoft Outlook 2007 or later, or IBM Notes. NOTE: The 32-bit applications on a 64-bit server will require a second 32-bit File System agent. For x64, use Microsoft Outlook 2010 or later.
- Microsoft Outlook must be installed on the MediaAgent computer to perform content indexing of Exchange and IBM Notes data.
- Upgrade all Exchange clients and Outlook Add-In users to Commvault Version 11.
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and 4.5 are required and are automatically installed.
Third-party maintenance (minor) releases or service packs that are supported by the Commvault software may not be listed in our System Requirements. When possible, Commvault provides information on any known issues related to these minor releases or service packs. In some cases, these minor releases or service packs affect how the Commvault software works. Commvault software may experience changes in functionality as the result of the third-party minor release or service pack. These changes are beyond the control of Commvault. Platforms that are supported in the current version of Commvault software may not be supported in earlier versions of the software. Contact your software provider to ensure that third-party minor releases or service packs are compatible with the Commvault software.
Additional considerations regarding minimum requirements and End-of-Life policies from third-party vendors also apply.
Last modified: 9/5/2019 1:21:41 PM