Creating Exchange Retention Policies
Exchange retention policies determine the default value for how long messages are retained on the MediaAgent. Retention is based on the message's received time.
- The Exchange Mailbox Agent uses the retention rules that are defined in the Exchange retention policy. The agent does not use the retention rules that are defined in the storage policy.
- The Infinite retention rule is applied by default. If you do not assign a retention policy, the Infinite retention rule is assigned automatically and messages are retained indefinitely.
- From the CommCell Console, expand Policies > Configuration Policies.
- Right-click Exchange Policies, and then click New Retention Policy.
The Create New Retention Policy dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, in the Policy Name box, type name of the policy.
- Define the default retention rule for all messages by doing either of the following:
- If you want to define a limited amount of time, select Retain for n years n months n days based on received time, and then type the number of years, months, and days that the message is retained.
- If you want to define an unlimited retention period, select Infinite.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 7/18/2018 9:05:57 PM