Modifying Salesforce Backup Sets to Sync to a Database
At the backup set level, you can configure Salesforce data to be backed up to a database. This configuration is also available at the instance level.
Before You Begin
Verify that you have the following information:
- The type of database
- The client that hosts the database
- The database name
- The credentials for a user who has the following permissions for the database:
- Microsoft SQL Server: Owner permissions
- PostgreSQL: Super user permissions
- In the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > Cloud Apps > instance.
- Right-click the backup set, click Properties.
The Salesforce Backup Set Properties dialog box is displayed.
- On the Backup Options tab, specify the backup location:
- In the Download Cache Path box, type the full path for the staging location that the Commvault uses when it backs up the data.
- Best Practice: To back up Salesforce objects in a database, select the Sync To Database check box, and then provide the following information:
- From the Database Type list, select the database type.
- From the Database Host list, select the client that hosts the database.
- From the Database Name list, select the database name.
- In the Database Port box, type the port that you use to connect to the database.
- In the User Name and Password boxes, type the credentials for a user who has permissions for the database.
Note: If you use Microsoft SQL Server, the user must be a SQL authentication user.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 7/18/2019 10:55:42 PM