Creating a User-Defined Instance for IBM Spectrum Scale (GPFS)
While creating a new pseudo-client, you also create a user-defined instance.
You can create additional instances to manage different GPFS clusters.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > pseudo-client.
- Right-click Big Data Apps, point to All Tasks, and then click Create New Instance.
The Create New GPFS Instance dialog box appears.
- In the Instance Name box, type the instance name.
- On the GPFS tab, specify the data access nodes to add to the instance.
- In the Master Node list, select one of the data access nodes as a master node for the instance.
- Under Data Access Nodes, select the data access nodes that you want to add to the instance, and then click Add.
- In the Number of Data Readers box, enter the number of data streams.
Tip: For optimal sharing of the backup load, the number of data readers must be greater than the number of data access nodes.
- On the Storage Device tab, select a storage policy from the Storage Policy list.
- Optional: To create a new storage policy, click Create Storage Policy, and then follow the instructions in the storage policy creation wizard.
- Optional: To perform LAN-free backup and restores, select a grid storage policy.
For more information, see GridStor® (Alternate Data Paths) - Overview.
- Click OK.
A new instance is created with the name that you specify. A default subclient is created for the new instance.
Last modified: 5/17/2018 7:45:05 PM