Generating a Command Line Script from the CommCell Console (VMware)
To run the restores from command line, you need an input XML file that contains parameter values for the restore options. You can create this input XML file by generating a script from the CommCell Console and saving it on the computer where the restore will be performed.
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers > virtualization_client > Virtual Server > VMware > backup_set.
- Right-click the subclient in the right pane and click Browse Backup Data.
- Click OK.
- In the right pane of the Browse window, select the data that you want to restore and click Recover All Selected.
- Select the restore options to be used with the script.
- Click Save as Script.
- In the Save as Script dialog box, enter the location to save the script along with the file name and extension in the File Path box (for example, C:\scripts\myscript.bat on Windows or /usr/scripts/myscript.sh on UNIX). Alternatively, click Browse and navigate to the location.
The Save as Script operation creates a .xml file and a .bat or .sh file, both using the base file name you enter.
If files with the same names already exist in the specified location, the .xml and the .bat or .sh files are overwritten.
- Click the Specify user account to run the script list to specify how you want to identify the user account for performing the restore.
By default, the user account that you used to log in to the CommCell Console is used to perform the restore. To specify different user credentials as part of the script, select Use a different user account.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 3/13/2019 8:13:49 PM