Configuring the HP 3PAR Storage Array Using Array Management
For IntelliSnap backups from Commvault software, add the HP 3PAR storage array and its configuration information to the CommServe database.
Before You Begin
For the Name box in the procedure below, you might need to calculate the storage array name, depending on the application that you are using to manage the storage array.
If you are using the StoreServ Management Console (SSMC) to manage your array, then you do not need to calculate the array name. In the Name box, enter the World Wide Name (WWN) of the storage system.
If you are not using SSMC, then for the Name box, calculate the storage array name.
For the credentials below, the user type must be local user with edit and super level. The domain user is not supported.
- On the ribbon in the CommCell Console, click the Storage tab, and then click Array Management.
The Array Management dialog box appears.
- Click Add.
The Array Properties dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, specify the following information:
- From the Snap Vendor list, select HP 3PAR.
- In the Name box, enter the array name.
- In the Control Host box, enter the IP address of the array.
- In the Credentials area, click Change.
The Enter the User Name and Password dialog box appears.
- Type the credentials of a user who has the Super User permission or the Edit User permission, and then click OK.
- To configure additional MediaAgents to perform operations on the storage array, on the Array Controllers tab, select configuration options.
For more information, see Configuring Array Controllers.
- On the Snap Configuration tab, set the snapshot configuration options that you need. See Snap Configuration.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 1/25/2019 11:45:46 PM