Configuring the IBM SVC Storage Array Using Array Management
For IntelliSnap backups from Commvault software, add the IBM SVC storage array and its configuration information to the CommServe database.
Before You Begin
To view the array identification number, type the lssystem command on the storage array command line console.
The Control Host value must not contain trailing spaces. If you use a FQDN for the Control Host value, then the character case of the value must match that of the FQDN.
- On the ribbon in the CommCell Console, click the Storage tab, and then click Array Management.
The Array Management dialog box appears.
- Click Add.
The Array Properties dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, specify the following information:
- From the Snap Vendor list, select IBM SVC.
- In the Name box, enter the 16-digit identification number for the IBM SVC storage device.
- In the Control Host box, enter the management IP address or the host name.
- In the Credentials area, click Change.
The Enter the User Name and Password dialog box appears.
- Type the credentials of a user who is a member of either the Administrator group or the Security Admin group. The Security Admin group has the highest privileges.
- Click OK.
- To configure additional MediaAgents to perform operations on the storage array, click the Array Controllers tab, and then select configuration options.
For more information, see Configuring Array Controllers.
- On the Snap Configuration tab, configure the snapshot configuration properties for your environment or use the default values.
For more information, see Snap Configuration.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 7/15/2019 7:16:49 PM