Enabling IntelliSnap Backup
To perform IntelliSnap backups, you must enable IntelliSnap for the virtualization client and any subclients that will be used to perform IntelliSnap backups.
For virtualization clients created in SP4 or later, creating the virtualization client automatically enables IntelliSnap for the client and configures Amazon as a storage array for IntelliSnap. You must enable IntelliSnap on the subclient to perform IntelliSnap backups for that subclient.
Before You Begin
When executing backup copy and restores from IntelliSnap backups that use custom encrypted snapshots, consider the following:
- You must add the IAM user account, which you are using to perform the backup job, to the KMS policy you are using for the custom encrypted snapshots. For more information, see:
- The KMS policy that you are using for the custom encrypted snapshots must have sufficient permissions to allow the system to create and encrypt the volumes during the backup copy job. For more information, see:
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers.
- Right-click the client and then click Properties.
- In the Client Computer Properties dialog box, click Advanced.
- In the Advanced Client Properties dialog box, select the Enable IntelliSnap check box.
- Click OK.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > virtualization_client > Virtual Server > Amazon > backup_set.
- Right-click the subclient and then click Properties.
- Click the IntelliSnap Operations tab.
- Select IntelliSnap.
- Click OK.
For an Amazon client created prior to Service Pack 4, enabling IntelliSnap for the client triggers Amazon array configuration.
Last modified: 12/20/2018 7:32:03 PM