Configuring a Subclient for Snap Mining Exchange Data
You must configure the snap mining job on the mailbox agent's subclient. Typically, the subclient is configured before the snapshot is created.
- Create one snap mining subclient for each database subclient because only one subclient can mine from a snapshot at a time.
- Do not mix snap mining subclients and traditional subclients within the same backup set.
- Do not assign the content of a subclient that is used for snap mining manually. If mailboxes are assigned to a subclient before you run a snap mining job, the mailboxes might not be included in the job.
- Snap mining can be performed on databases that are included in the subclient where IntelliSnap is enabled.
- If the target database for the snap mining job contains a mailbox that exists in another subclient, the mailbox will not be included in the snap mining job. Remove the mailbox from the other subclient so that it is included in the next snap mining job.
Caution: After snap mining is enabled for a subclient, it cannot be disabled.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > Exchange Mailbox > backup_set.
- Right-click the subclient that is used for the snap mining job, and then click Properties.
The Subclient Properties dialog box appears.
- Click the Mining tab.
- Select the Perform backup using mining off snapshot check box.
A message appears that asks you to confirm that you want to enable snap mining on the selected subclient.
- Click Yes.
- From the Client list, select the source computer where the Exchange database is installed and where the snapshot was taken.
- From the Agents list, select the agent that was used to create the IntelliSnap backup.
In this case, it is Exchange Database.
- From the Subclient to use list, select the subclient on the source computer to use for mining the IntelliSnap backup.
- If you configured the snap mining job on a source computer, but you want to run the job on a proxy, select the Proxy Client check box, and then select the proxy computer from the list.
- Click OK.
Where to Go Next
If you use OnePass for Exchange Mailbox (Classic), you must configure archiving message rules and retention for the subclient.
Last modified: 3/1/2018 4:20:00 PM