Enabling Binary Logging for MySQL
You must enable binary logging in order to perform transaction log backup. This is done in the MySQL configuration file.
- On the computer where the MySQL server is installed, navigate to the location of the MySQL configuration file.
For example: /etc/my.cnf
- Open the configuration file to edit it.
- In the [mysqld] section, add the following:
- Restart the MySQL server for the changes to take effect.
- When the MySQL server is restarted, verify that binary logging is enabled by running the following query:
mysql > show variables like “%log_bin%”
If binary logging has been enabled correctly, the value of log_bin = ON. If it has not be enabled correctly, the value of log_bin = OFF.
Last modified: 6/5/2019 6:15:22 AM