Configuring a Lights Out Script for Oracle Offline Backups
In order to perform offline backups of the Oracle database, all users must be logged out of the database and it must be completely shut down. When the database is online, you can enable a graceful shutdown of the database using lights out script that will notify the users about the shutdown and set a specific wait time for the users to logout of the database.
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers | <Client> | Oracle| < Instance>.
- Right-click the <Subclient>, and click Properties.
- Click the Content tab, and then click Offline Database.
- Click the Advanced tab, and then click the Offline Databases tab.
- Select the Run Shutdown/Startup Script check box.
- Select the Broadcast Warning Message to Users check box to display a warning message on the physical node.
- In the Delay Time After Warning Message (Min) box, select the delay time interval in minutes.
- In the No. of Retries box, type the number of times the system must retry to attempt to shut down the database.
- In the Sleep Time Between Retries (Sec) box, select or type the number of seconds that you want the script to wait between retry attempts to shut down the database and check the status.
- Select the Use SQL Connect checkbox to connect to the oracle database.
- In the Startup Parameter File (PFILE) Location box enter the PFILE location.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 8/28/2018 4:03:10 PM