Disabling Failovers during Oracle Restores
During restore operations, RMAN automatically looks for another copy of the file under the following circumstances:
- a backup piece is corrupted or deleted
- a MediaAgent is offline
- a block in the backup is corrupted within the latest full backup
When you select this check box, the Commvault software does not restore from a failover backup piece. The Oracle behavior remains the same, that is it fails over to another backup piece name.
The Commvault software enables this option by default because it might print restore database corruptions.
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers | <Client> | Oracle.
- Right-click the <Instance>, point to All Tasks and then click Browse and Restore.
- Select Latest Backup and click View Content.
- Optional: Use non-default Browse and Restore options. See Browse and Restore.
- From the Browse window, select the data you want to restore in the right pane and click Recover All Selected.
- Click Advanced.
- Click Options tab.
- Select Disable Oracle Channel Restore Failover check box.
- Click the Copy Precedence tab and select the Restore from Copy Precedence check box.
- In the Copy Precedence box, type the copy precedence number for the backup copy.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 7/3/2018 12:55:38 PM