Configuring Oracle RAC Online Subclients
When you perform an IntelliSnap backup for online databases, ensure you also backup the archive logs. The archive log destination should be shared among all RAC instances. If the log destination is not shared among all RAC instances, you need to separately schedule the archive log backups using a user-defined subclient.
When you backup archive logs, you can specify the location (archive log destinations) from where log backups should be performed. Oracle RAC database will be distributed across many physical clients. These physical clients may or may not share archive log destinations for all instances.
Before You Begin
If you want to use the Oracle RMAN backup copy option by using a proxy server, you must contact Oracle for their required licensing.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > Oracle RAC.
- Right-click the instance, point to All Tasks and then click New Subclient.
The Create New Subclient dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, in the Subclient Name box, enter a name for the subclient.
- On the Content tab, make the following selections:
- Select the Data check box.
- Select Online Database.
- On the Log Backups tab, select the Backup Archive Log check box.
- On the Storage Device tab, from the Storage Policy list, select the storage policy name for the log backups.
- On the Storage Device tab, from the Data Storage Policy list, select the storage policy name.
- On the IntelliSnap Operations, make the following selections:
- Select the IntelliSnap check box.
- From the Available Snap Engines list, select the snap engine name.
- Configure the backup copy options. From the Use Proxy list, select the MediaAgent that performs the backup copy operations.
Note: The proxy server operating system must be the same or later than the client computer.
- Determine the copy option.
For more information about the backup copy options, see Oracle RAC IntelliSnap - Backup Copy
- To use the File system copy, select File System.
- To use the RMAN backup copy, select RMAN.
- Optional: To perform an integrity check of the hardware, select the Enable Snap Integrity Check check box.
- Click OK to close the Creating New Subclient dialog box.
Last modified: 10/3/2018 6:17:20 PM