Creating a SAP HANA Pseudo-Client
After you install the SAP HANA Agent, create a pseudo-client and configure an instance to facilitate backups. Each instance references a HANA database.
Note: You must add all of the instance nodes to the pseudo-client so that you have data protection.
Before You Begin
- Decide how to connect to the database. If you want to use the SAP HANA user store, create a key.
For information, go to the SAP website, hdbuserstore.
- Determine the location of the SAP HANA hdbsql tools.
- Log in to the SAP HANA server with the sid admin credentials.
- On the command line, type the following command to find the location:
Use the location that the software returns in the hdbsql location directory box.
- From the CommCell Browser, right-click the Client Computers, point to New Client > Application, and then click SAP HANA.
The New SAP HANA Client dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, specify the connection details:
- In the Pseudo-Client Name box, type a name for the pseudo-client. The client name must be unique in the CommCell Console.
- In the SID box, type the name of the SAP HANA database SID.
- In the Number box, type the SAP HANA instance number.
- In the OS User Name box, enter the admin user name.
- Determine how to connect to the SAP HANA database:
To use the SAP hdbuserstore key, select hdbuserstore KEY, and then in the box, type the hdbuserstore key that you created.
To use the database credentials, select the DB User Name box, and then type the credentials that you use to access the SAP HANA database
- In the hdbsql location directory, enter directory that contains the SAP HANA hdbsql tools.
- On the Details tab, add the SAP HANA instances to the pseudo-client . You must add all of the instance nodes.
The Primary Name Server must be the first one that you add in a multi-node configuration.
- Click Add.
The Create SAP Hana client dialog box appears.
- From the Hana physical client Name list, select the client that hosts the SAP HANA instance.
- Click OK.
- Click Add.
- On the Storage Device tab, make the following selections:
- On the Command Line Backup tab, from the Storage Policy used for user command backup of data list, select the storage policy to use for command line backups.
- To select a log storage policy, on the Log Backup tab, select a policy from the Storage Policy used for all Archive log backups list.
- Best Practice: On the Data Transfer Option tab, select the compression options.
- Best Practice: On the Deduplication tab, select Enable Deduplication check box and then in the Generate Signature on area, choose the client or the MediaAgent.
- Click OK.
What to Do Next
Last modified: 8/6/2018 6:08:46 PM