Identify the Proxy ESX Server
A proxy ESX server is used to mount an NFS datastore that can be used for Live Browse or Live File Recovery operations.
Before You Begin
The ESX server used to mount the NFS datastore for the browse and restore must meet the following requirements:
- Be able to resolve the File Recovery Enabler for Linux. To ensure connectivity, create a host file entry for the File Recovery Enabler on the ESX server.
- Provide support for the highest virtual machine hardware version supported for the environment.
- The ESX server version installed and the default VM compatibility setting on the host server must be the same as or higher than the ESX server version on the production server.
To identify a proxy ESX server to be used by the File Recovery Enabler for Linux to mount the NFS datastore:
- From the CommCell Browser, go to Client Computers > virtualization_client > Virtual Server > VMware > backup_set.
- Right-click the subclient and select Properties; then click the Advanced Options tab.
- Under Proxy ESX Server, click Select ESX server for snap mount and identify the host. Ensure that the fully qualified host name or IP address is entered in the Host box.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 2/5/2018 10:03:05 PM