Adding a Storage Array to the CommServe Database
You can add a storage array into the CommServe database and configure the information for IntelliSnap backups.
Before You Begin
Important: After you add a storage array to the CommServe database, you cannot change the Snap Vendor, Name, or Control Host values of the storage array.
Some arrays do not require the Control Host gateway, in which case the Control Host box is grayed out.
You can add an array without entering the credentials, but snapshot operations fail if the communication with the array cannot be established. Check whether you need to enter the credentials on the array documentation.
- On the ribbon in the CommCell Console, click the Storage tab, and then click Array Management.
- In the Array Management dialog box, click Add.
- In the Array Properties dialog box, on the General tab, specify the following:
- From the Snap Vendor list, select the array that you want to add.
- In the Name box, enter the name or IP address of the array.
- In the Control Host box, enter the name or IP address of the control host.
If the Control Host box is grayed out, then you do not need to enter any value.
- In the Credentials area, click Change, and enter the credentials for a user that has privileges to access the array.
- Optional: In the Description text box, enter a description for the array.
- Click OK to save the information.
Last modified: 3/20/2019 5:35:42 PM