High-Level Process Flow for Social Sign In End Users
After Social Sign In is configured by an administrator, users must register before they can log on using credentials from a social media account.
- An unregistered user goes to the Web Console URL and clicks the Create New Account link to register a social media account.
- The user completes a form that includes the email address for the social media account.
- The form triggers the Social Sign In Account Registration workflow.
- The workflow sends registration emails to the approvers and to the user.
- The user receives an email after the approver approves or denies the registration.
- A registered user goes to the Web Console URL and clicks the link to log on with a social media account.
- The social media providers associated with the Web Console are displayed.
- The user chooses a provider, signs in to the provider account, and grants permission so that the Web Console can fetch the user details.
Note: Users are prompted to grant permission only the first time they log on using a provider account.
- After permission is granted, the Web Console fetches the user details from the provider using the OAuth protocol.
- The user is automatically logged on to the Web Console using the provider user credentials.
Last modified: 4/9/2019 7:22:23 PM