Configuring the CommServe Computer for Web Administration
Caution: After January 2019, Commvault users will not be able to access the web-based version of the CommCell Console using Java 11. For more information, see CC0013: Java Deprecation Warning Appears after Installing New Java Version.
The CommCell Console can be configured for web access from the CommServe computer.
Before You Begin
- The computer where the CommCell Console is installed requires IIS enabled in order to launch the console as a web-based application. See Configuring IIS for Windows Serversfor more information.
- The computer you access the CommCell Console from must have a Java-enabled web browser with the correct version of JRE installed. See System Requirements - CommCell Console as a Remote Web-Based Application for more information.
- If you install the CommCell Console on a separate computer, that computer must be able to communicate with the CommServe computer.
- If needed, configure the firewall settings. For more information, see Accessing a CommServe Behind a Firewall.
- IIS is enabled during CommServe installation
By default, the CommCell Console is automatically installed along with the CommServe software. If IIS was enabled during the CommServe installation, access the CommCell Console using your web browser as follows: http://<commserve_computer>:81/console
- IIS is not enabled during CommServe installation
If IIS is not enabled on the CommServe computer during installation, enable it at any time to start using the CommCell Console through the web.
- Use the steps in Configuring IIS for Windows Servers to enable IIS.
- Uninstall the CommCell Console on the CommServe machine: In the Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Reinstall the CommCell Console on the CommServe machine. See Installing the CommCell Console for instructions.
- After IIS is enabled and the CommCell Console is reinstalled, access the CommCell Console using your web browser as follows: http://<commserve_computer>:81/console
- CommCell Console is not installed
If you performed a customized installation of the CommServe that excluded the CommCell Console, use the following steps to configure the CommServe computer for web administration:
- Log on to the CommServe computer as an Administrator or a member of the Administrator group.
- Verify that IIS is enabled on the computer.
- Install the CommCell Console software.
- During the installation, click Yes when prompted to configure the console for web administration.
The CommServe computer is now configured for web administration.
Last modified: 8/13/2019 8:01:17 PM