Exchange System Discovery Tool Overview
The Exchange System Discovery Tool is a non-intrusive and highly secure tool that examines and analyzes selected mailboxes and reports on the collected message data. The tool output is a set of reports created from the statistics generated from a zip file uploaded to the CommVault Cloud where it staged on a virtual machine using Commvault.
The Exchange System Discovery Tool can be used to:
- Perform archive prediction to reclaim space after the archive.
- Provide data protection estimates and backup window timeframes.
- Analyze and track mailbox usage and distribution.
The key features of the tool include:
- The ability to run on a proxy without any load on the Exchange server, provided the proxy is on the same domain as the Exchange server.
- The ability to discover more than one Exchange server at a time.
- The ability to run multiple instances of the tool simultaneously.
How It Works
Request an account for Cloud Services from your Account Representative, and then log in and download the Exchange System Discovery Tool. The tool output is a set of reports created from the statistics generated from a zip file uploaded to the CommVault Cloud where it is staged on a virtual machine using Commvault.
The collected message data includes the following:
- Message size
- Message count
- Attachment details
- Recipient details
- Modification time
Last modified: 2/27/2018 7:39:11 PM