Excluding Users as Client Owners
By default, when a user installs and registers the laptop package on a laptop client, the user is automatically added as a client owner for the laptop client and has complete access to the data on the laptop.
To prevent access to the laptop data, you can exclude the user as a client owner before installing the laptop package.
Before You Begin
You must have the Administrative Management permission at the CommCell level to run QScripts.
- Create a new user group with any name. For example, Laptop Admin. For instructions on creating a CommCell user group, see Creating a User Group.
- Log on to the CommServe computer, and then run the following qscript:
qoperation execscript -sn BlacklistUserGroup.sql -si "<userGroupName>" -si 1
Valid values are:
- 1 - to blacklist or exclude client ownership for the users in the user group.
- 0 - to allow client ownership for users in the user group.
For instructions on running qscripts, see Command Line - Other Command Line Operations - QScripts.
- Add the users that you want to blacklist or exclude as client owners to the user group. For instructions on assigning a user to a user group, see Assigning Users to the User Group.
The blacklisted user is no longer assigned as client owner for new installations of the laptop package. However, the user will still remain as client owner on already registered laptop clients. To remove client ownership, you must manually remove the user from the client owner list. For more information, see Deleting Client Owners.
To reassign the blacklisted user as a client owner, remove the user from the blacklisted user group, and then manually add the user as the laptop client owner from the CommCell Console. For more information, see Configuring Users as Client Owners for Laptop Backups.
Last modified: 11/15/2018 9:59:51 PM