InterSystems Caché Database Server Backups and Restores on a Physical Server or RDM Volumes
Follow these procedures when the InterSystems Caché database is on a physical server or presented to a virtual server as an RDM. If the database is on a VMDK volume, follow the instructions in InterSystems Caché Database Server Backups and Restores on a Virtual Server.
You must back up the following Caché database server file system data:
- The Caché database configuration and data files
- The Caché database server System State
- The Caché database root volume
Prepare the InterSystems Caché Database Server
- Install the appropriate software and perform the initial configuration. For information on the installation and configuration, see Getting Started for InterSystems Caché Databases on Physical Servers or RDMs.
- Create a client for the InterSystems Caché Database Server and enable it for IntelliSnap.
Back Up and Restore the InterSystems Caché Database
Complete the following procedures for the Caché database and journal files.
- Ask Epic for the scripts to freeze and thaw the databases.
Note: Epic typically sends these scripts with the initial software delivery of the installation package. The pre-script is called Instfreeze and the post-script is called Instthaw.
- Create one subclient that contains the drives for the databases.
- Create a second subclient that contains the drives for the journal files.
- Perform a IntelliSnap backup on the database subclient. The Commvault software automatically freezes the databases, takes a snapshot of the databases and then thaws the databases. The Commvault software creates a backup copy from the snapshot.
- Perform a traditional backup of the journal subclient.
- Create a Backup Copy of the database backup.
- Restore the database.
- Restore the journal files.
Back Up and Restore the InterSystems Caché Database Server State
Complete the following procedures for the Caché database server System state and root volume.
- Create a subclient that has the content (Subclient Properties dialog box, Content tab) as the root volume and configure the subclient for 1-Touch.
- Perform a 1-Touch backup and use the weekly schedule policy.
- Perform a 1-Touch recovery operation.
Last modified: 1/9/2018 2:39:56 PM