InterSystems Caché Database on Physical Servers or RDMs Overview
If you run the Intersystems Caché database on a physical server, use the UNIX or Windows file system agent to back up the data.
- Create a client and enable it for IntelliSnap.
- Create one subclient that contains the drives for the databases.
- Create a second subclient that contains the drives for the journal files.
- Configure the database subclient to use an IntelliSnap pre-process and post-process script to freeze and thaw the database.
- Perform a IntelliSnap backup on the database subclient. The Commvault software automatically freezes the databases, takes a snapshot of the databases and then thaws the databases. The Commvault software creates a backup copy from the snapshot.
- Perform a traditional backup on the journal subclient.
Last modified: 11/15/2018 4:31:39 AM