Creating a Records Management ObjectStore Client
To use Records Management, create and configure a Records Management ObjectStore client in the CommCell Console. The Records Management ObjectStore client is the CommCell entity used to manage your records. Each Records Management ObjectStore client is associated with a proxy client, a CommCell user, a storage policy, and an Index Server. The storage policy associated with the Records Management ObjectStore client determines the storage library and the retention settings used for your records.
Before You Begin
- If you have not yet done so, review the instructions in Configuring Records Management.
- Create a CommCell user. The user will be assigned to the Records Management ObjectStore client to create and manage your records.
- To allow this user to view and manage custom properties for records, create a security association on the user with permissions to create, update, and delete custom properties.
- To allow this user to share records from the Web Console, create a security association on the user that includes the View role and the users, user groups, and domains with whom the user can share the records.
For information about security associations, see Security Association Overview.
- Have a storage policy that meets the following conditions:
- The storage policy library must be a disk library.
- The storage policy must be associated with a Windows MediaAgent.
For information on storage policies, see Storage Policy - Getting Started.
- From the CommCell Browser, right-click Client Computers, point to New Client > File System, and then click ObjectStore.
The New ObjectStore Client dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, in the Client Name box, type the Records Management client name.
- In the Object Store Type list, click Records Manager.
- In the Proxy Client list, choose the Windows file system client to use as the proxy where backup operations will run.
- Click As User.
The Impersonate NT User dialog box appears.
- Enter the credentials for a user who has read/write access to all of the UNC paths you will configure for Records Management.
Note: These are the UNC paths you configure when you set up Records Management on your Web Console.
- On the Associate Users tab, in the Available Users box, click the CommCell user you created, and then click the right arrow > button.
The user is added to the Selected Users list and automatically inherits the permissions to manage the Records Management ObjectStore client.
- On the Storage Device tab, in the Storage Policy list, select a storage policy.
- In the Index Server list, select the Index Server configured for the Records Management ObjectStore client.
- Click OK.
The Records Management ObjectStore client appears in the Client Computers list. This client has a backup set named after the user you chose on the Associate Users tab when you created the client.
What To Do Next
Create an incremental data protection schedule policy to back up your records. Associate the policy with the user-named backup set under the Records Management ObjectStore client. For instructions, see Creating Data Protection Schedule Policies.
Last modified: 9/6/2018 2:02:01 PM