Connecting to an Open Data Source with Data Cube
You can use Data Cube to create your own data sources with the open data source connector. With the open data source connector, you can define the schema for your data in Data Cube, and then upload the data using the Data Cube REST APIs. Also, you can create custom data sources in Data Cube, or you can connect to other sources of data that are not yet supported by a native data connector.
After the data source is added, you can restructure the data. For example, you can enable entity extraction in the data source to uniquely identify special types of information. For information about the available data restructuring options, see Restructuring Data in Data Cube.
Before You Begin
- You must log in to the Web Console with a user who has permission to access Data Cube and create data sources.
For more information, see Permissions and Associations for Data Cube Users.
- In a web browser, log on to the Web Console, and then click Analytics.
- Click Open Data Source.
- On the Data Sources (Open Data Source) page, click Add Open Data Source.
- On the New Data Source (Open Data Source) page, configure the source as follows:
- Under Data Source Name:
- Click the Index Server list, and select an Index Server to store the data.
- In Data Source Name, enter a name for the data source. The name cannot contain spaces.
- In Data Source Description, enter a description for the data source.
- Click Next to proceed to the next section.
- Under Schema Details, enter the field names for the open data source. Separate multiple field names with a comma.
Note: If you want to define a schema for your Open Data Source at a later time, you can leave the Schema Details field blank. Then after you have created the data source, you can use the Schema page to create and the edit data fields for the open data source. For more information, see Editing Data Connection Schema.
- Under Data Source Name:
- When finished, click Submit.
The source appears on the Data Sources (Open Data Source) page.
What to Do Next
- After you create a new data source with the open data source connector, you must define the schema for the open data source. If you did not list the data source fields when creating the data source, you can add or edit fields from the open data source Schema page. For more information, see Editing Data Connection Schema.
- With a defined schema, you can upload data to the data source by sending a POST request to Data Cube using REST APIs. For more information, see Uploading Data to an Open Data Source Connection.
Last modified: 7/24/2018 8:16:00 PM