Importing Data with the Data Cube POST API
With the Data Cube POST API, you can send a POST request to add data to a data source.
Before You Begin
- You must create at least one data source in Data Cube. For more information, see Data Cube Data Connectors.
- You must have an application to send REST API requests to Data Cube.
- You must obtain an authentication token from the Web Console web service using the POST Login API. For more information, see REST API - Authentication: POST Login.
- In a web browser, log on to the Web Console, and then click Analytics.
- In the left pane, click the connector group to view the data sources for that connector.
- On the Data Sources (connector) page, click the name of the data source you want to view.
- In the upper right of the page, click REST API.
- In the POST request section, use Request Format and Response Format to select the request and response formats that you want to use.
- In the gray syntax box, copy the request header details, and then in your REST client application, paste then into a POST request.
Note: You must include the authentication token that you obtained from the POST Login API for the Web Console web service. For more information, see REST API - Authentication: POST Login.
- In the REST client application, to the POST request, add the data that you want to upload.
- Verify that the request data matches the format and schema in the Sample Request box.
- Send the POST request, and then wait for the response.
The POST request appends the new data to any existing data in the data source.
- To view the data that you added, in the upper right of the page, click Report.
Last modified: 11/1/2018 6:18:42 PM