Analyze Files by Last Access Time by Using the File Analytics Report
You can configure Data Analytics to collect information about the last time a file was accessed to asses which files are no longer being used on your clients or client groups.
Before You Begin
You must configure Data Analytics to collect file access time before this information is available in the File Analytics Report. See Configuring Analytics for File Access Time.
- In the File Analytics screen under the Action column, click Analytics for the client or client group you want to view.
The Space Usage by Modified Date data view appears.
- In the upper-right corner of the data view, click the drop-down list and select Access Time.
The Space Usage Distribution By Access Time data view appears.
- To further analyze the information in the report, proceed as follows:
If you want to...
view detailed data information for data in a specific range
- Point to a bar on the graph.
modify the data ranges (y-axis)
- Click the Customize Categoriesbutton.
From here, you can:
- Type or select new values of a range to display in the graph.
- Remove a range by clicking the minus button.
- Add a range by clicking the plus button, up to a maximum of 6.
- Click Apply to save your changes and update the graph.
view more granular data information for a specific range
- Click on a y-axis value.
More granular data for the selected range appears.
For example, from the default Modified Date data view, click Less than 1 year to view a quarterly distribution of the data in the selected range.
view a detailed list of data included in the current view
- Click the Listing View button .
The Listing View appears with the following information:
- The full path of each file
- The date when each file was last modified
- The size of each file
Information in the listing view can be sorted by clicking on the column titles.
approximate savings of archiving items in the current data view
- In the Cost in $ box below the data view, enter your storage costs (in dollars per GB).
dThe Save Approx value updates to reflect the amount you could save by moving data in the current data view to archival storage.
Last modified: 12/2/2019 8:07:23 PM