Configuring an HTTP Proxy Server for the CommServe Computer
You can configure all clients in your CommCell environment to access Internet resources through an HTTP proxy server.
Before You Begin
- The HTTP proxy must be able to access the websites listed on External URLs for Commvault Features.
- If the HTTP proxy has its own certificate-signing CA that is not a part of the trusted CA list,
it must be added to the curl-ca-bundle.crt file in the base directory to avoid any verification failure.
- From the CommCell Console ribbon, on the Home tab, click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, under Maintenance, click Internet Options.
- In the Internet Options dialog box, on the HTTP Proxy tab, select the Use HTTP Proxy Server check box and provide the following details:
- In the Proxy Server box, type the hostname of HTTP proxy server.
- In the Proxy Port box, type the port to be used by the HTTP proxy server. By default, the port is 1025.
- Select the Use Authentication check box and specify a user account that can access the HTTP proxy site.
Note: If you are using a virtualization client as the HTTP proxy server, do not include the domain name in the user name.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 6/26/2019 2:21:29 PM