Adding Audit Notes to an Entity
Applies To: Client computers, MediaAgents, Storage Libraries (Cloud, Disk, Tape), Mount Paths (Cloud, Disk), and Storage Policies.
You can use the Audit tab in the Entity Properties dialog box to add notes about the entity.
Notes can include information about maintenance, software installations, or other events. For example, if you need to disable backup operations on a client computer, you can make a note about why you took that action. After you add an audit note on an entity, the note cannot be deleted because the notes must remain as a reference for past user actions.
You can configure a severity level for each note that you add. The limit for each note is 256 characters.
Note: Audit notes are not related to the Audit Trail feature and are not included in the Audit Trail Report.
- From the CommCell Browser, right-click the entity, and then click Properties.
- In the Entity Properties dialog box, on the Audit tab, click New Audit.
- In the New Audit dialog box, in the Notes box, enter notes about the entity.
- In the Severity list, select the severity of the event, and then click OK.
A message appears that says the note was added successfully.
- Click OK.
- Click OK to close the Entity Properties dialog box.
Last modified: 12/6/2019 4:02:09 PM