Configuring User Accounts for SQL Server Agent Backups
This user account will be used for all computers within a Client Computer Group. Configure the user account at this level if different users will be conducting backup and restore operations for each Client Computer Group in your organization. This user account will override the user account configured at the CommCell level.
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to the Client Computer Groups node.
- Verify that all the Agent clients for which you wish to configure the user account are included in the Client Computer Groups.
- Right-click the <Client Group> and click Properties.
- Click the Advanced Settings tab.
- Click the Override higher levels settings check box.
- Select one of the following:
- Use Local System Account, if the computer's Administrator account contains the required privileges.
- Impersonate User, if you want to use a different account that contains the required privileges. Type the User Name and Password for this account in the space provided.
- Click OK.
We recommend that you associate a SQL client to only one client group that has a user account configured at the client computer group level. Else, you can also set the user account at the client level or the instance level.
Last modified: 10/11/2018 5:00:35 PM