Laptop Registration Workflow
This workflow is a predefined workflow that you can customize to perform actions after a client is installed. For example, in addition to verifying the new client, you can add an activity to assign a specific storage policy.
Download this workflow from the Commvault Store. See Download Workflows from Commvault Store.
This workflow is automatically triggered when a client is installed or reinstalled.
How Does It Work?
This predefined workflow automates the following operations:
- Disables the client in the CommCell.
- Sends an email to the administrator about the new client, and then the workflow job goes into suspend mode.
Note: The administrator must verify the new client and resume the workflow job from the Job Controller.
- After the workflow job resumes, enables backup and restore activities on the client.
- Sends an email to the user indicating that the client is ready for backup.
Enabling the Workflow
By default, the workflow is disabled. Enable this workflow to be notified when new clients are registered and to verify every client installed to the CommCell. See Workflow Operations - Enable/Disable a Workflow.
This workflow is automatically triggered.
Use the following steps to monitor the workflow during execution:
- After you receive the notification email and the workflow job is suspended, you can perform additional configurations to the new client such as:
- assigning a storage policy
- moving the client to a specific client group
- After you verify the client, restart the workflow job: right-click the Laptop Registration workflow job and click Resume.
The workflow enables the new client and then notifies the user that the client is ready.
Last modified: 8/29/2019 8:43:33 PM