Disabling the Log Retention Rule
When you disable the log retention rule, unlinked log backups age according to the defined days retention rule for the data. When you define the days retention rule, use the same storage policy or retention criteria used for traditional RMAN backups, backup copy, and traditional RMAN log backup operations.
For example, consider the following subclients:
- A clone subclient with a clone storage policy
- A IntelliSnap subclient with a IntelliSnap storage policy
- A log subclient with a log storage policy
The clone jobs using backup copy are run daily, IntelliSnap jobs without backup copy are run every hour, and regular log backup jobs are run every 15 minutes.
When you disable the log rule, make the retention for the log storage policy primary copy the same or more than the retention set for the clone storage policy primary copy. Alternatively, you can assign the same clone storage policy for archive log backups.
- From the CommCell Console ribbon, click the Home tab, and then click Control Panel.
- Under the Storage section, click the Media Management icon.
- On the Data Aging tab of the Media Management Configuration dialog box, in the Prune All Database Agent Logs Only By Days Retention Rule, type 1 to enable pruning for all database agent logs based on the days retention.
- Click OK to close the Media Management Configuration dialog box.
Last modified: 10/17/2018 12:20:52 PM