Adding Client Computers to Receive the SNMP Trap Alerts
You must add the host name or IP address of the computer receiving the SNMP traps to the SNMP service.
Before You Begin
- Install the CommServe SNMP Enabler software on the CommServe computer:
- To prepare the CommServe computer, see Preinstallation Checklist for the CommServe SNMP Enabler.
- For the installation steps, see Installing Commvault Tools.
- Install SNMP trap receiver software on the computers that will receive the SNMP traps sent by the CommServe.
- For SNMPv1, have the name of the group of computers that will receive the SNMP traps. This is the name you specified during the installation of the CommServe SNMP Enabler.
SNMP Version 1 (SNMPv1)
- From the CommServe computer, click Start > Administrative Tools > Services.
- Right-click the SNMP Service service and then click Properties.
The SNMP Service Properties dialog box appears.
- On the Traps tab, in the Community Name box, type the name of the group of computers that will receive SNMP traps and then click Add to list.
This is the group that you specified during the installation of the CommServe SNMP Enabler.
- Under Trap destinations, click Add.
- Specify the host name or IP address of the computer receiving the SNMP traps and click Add. Repeat this step to add more destination computers.
- Click OK.
- Right-click SNMP Service and then click Restart to restart the services.
SNMP Version 3 (SNMPv3)
- From the CommCell Console ribbon, on the Home tab, click Control Panel.
- Under Monitoring, click SNMPV3 Configuration.
The SNMPV3 Configuration dialog box appears.
- Click Add.
The Add SNMP host configuration dialog box appears.
- Enter the details for the trap destination computer.
For information on the options, see Add SNMP Host Configuration.
- Click OK to close the Add SNMP Host Configuration dialog box.
- Click OK.
- Restart the Windows SNMP Service service.
What to Do Next
Last modified: 7/10/2018 7:43:43 PM