IntelliSnap - Configuration - DB2 MultiNode
The DB2 MultiNode pseudo-client and its corresponding instance serve as a logical grouping of DB2 DPF or DB2 pureScale database partitions that are housed on various clients. Once the DB2 iDataAgent is installed, you must create and configure the DB2 MultiNode pseudo-client.
Creating a DB2 MultiNode Pseudo Client
- From the CommCell Browser, right-click Client Computers, and then click New Client > Applications > DB2 MultiNode.
The Create DB2 MultiNode Client dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, provide the following details:
- In the Client Name box, type a name for the new virtual client.
- In the Instance Name box, type the DB2 MultiNode instance name.
- To change the user account for the backup and restore operations, click Change User. Then, enter the user credentials, and then click OK.
- In the Instance Name box, select the physical client computer where the Cloud Connector package is installed.
- In the Storage Policy box, select a storage policy for the backup and restore operations.
- On the Details tab, provide the following details:
- In the Home box, type the path to the DB2 application.
- Select the clients to add to the pseudo client. From the Client list, select the client, and then click Add.
In a DB2 DPF configuration, all clients are listed.
In a DB2 pureScale configuration, only member clients are listed.
- On the Storage Device tab, enter storage policy information:
- On the Data Backup tab of the Storage Device tab, from the Default Storage Policy list, select the storage policy for data backups.
- On the Log Backup tab of the Storage Device tab, from the Storage Policy for Log Backups list, select the storage policy for log backups.
- Optional: On the Command Line Backup tab, from the Storage Policy for Command line Backup list, select the storage policy to use for Commvault command line backup operations.
- Click OK.
Skip this section if you already created a snapshot copy, and continue to the next page.
Last modified: 1/3/2018 3:55:12 PM