Full System Recovery of Sybase Server: Rebuilding the Operating System
In the case of disaster recovery, where a full system restore is required, you must first rebuild the system to exactly the state as it existed before the problem
- Rebuild the hardware if needed.
- Install the same version of the operating system with the same patches that were previously installed.
- Edit the host file of the client to include the CommServe name.
- Install the File System iDataAgent on the client.
- Perform a full system restore of the File System iDataAgent.
This will restore the Sybase application files and all of the iDataAgent software. If there are any problems with the Sybase iDataAgent, we recommend that you un-install and re-install the software in the same drive as it was previously installed. Use the same installation parameters, passwords, and backup type settings as were previously used. In addition to restoring your operating system, this operation will restore the Sybase application files and the Sybase DataAgent.
- Reboot the computer.
- Create a Sybase server instance (each instance references a Sybase server) on the destination host. Ensure that you are including the parameters that were used for the Sybase server instance before the system failure.
- On the destination host, start up the Sybase server (instance) and then shut down the server.
Last modified: 3/1/2018 8:06:14 PM