Restoring a Monitoring Policy Using the Command Line
You can restore a monitoring policy from the .xml file that contains the policy configuration settings. This .xml file is created by clicking the Save As Script button in the Monitoring Policy wizard. For information on the Save As Script feature, see Save as Script Overview.
You can restore monitoring policies in the following scenarios:
- You recently created the script using the Monitoring Policy wizard, and now you want to run the script to create the policy.
- You accidentally deleted a monitoring policy, and you want to retrieve the policy.
Before You Begin
You must have saved the monitoring policy as an .xml file by clicking the Save As Script button in the Monitoring Policy wizard.
- Log onto the computer where you saved the script.
- Run the qlogin command to log on to the CommServe computer.
- On the command line, go to software_installation_directory/Base and type the following command:
qoperation execute -af Path_to_XML_File
- Run the qlogout command to log off the CommServe computer.
Last modified: 11/9/2018 9:04:11 AM